Your team typically includes:
Urologists: These physicians are specialists who treat medical issues related to the urinary system and male reproductive systems (including the prostate). Your team may include the following:
- Urological oncologists: are surgeons who further specialize in treating cancer of the urinary tract and male reproductive organs.
- Surgical oncologists: doctors who treat cancer by removing tumors and surrounding tissue during an operation. Surgical oncologists also perform certain types of biopsies.
Radiation oncologists: These are physicians that treat cancer with radiation therapy. They also create and monitor radiation treatment plan, monitors patient while receiving radiation therapy, and treats any side affects from radiation.
Medical oncologists: Depending on your case, you may see one or a combination of these doctors.
For more information:
- American Urological Association https://www.auanet.org/
- American Society of Radiation Oncology https://www.astro.org/
- American Society of Clinical Oncology https://www.asco.org/
- American Cancer Society at https://cancer.org/